Tue, 25 Oct|
Autumn in the Woods 2022
Let's get back to the woods this Autumn! Send the small people (from reception-Year 6) to come and have fun, be free, explore, work together, create, be independent, build resilience and get on with the important business of being a child and learning through the freedom of play.
Time & Location
25 Oct, 09:30 – 14:30
Sawpit Woods, Hodore Farm, Hartfield, TN7 4AR, UK
About the event
This Autumn we will play, learn, explore, laugh, create, climb and connect in the woods.
We will spend our day pottering and playing in the woods following the children's interests. There will be the chance to make fires, create, work together, build independence and resillience and generally get on with the important business of being a child by learning through the freedom of play.
These sessions are for children aged 4-11. We would also welcome any older children (Yr 7-13, at a reduced rate of £10 per session) to continue their Forest School experience and work with the other children, building their levels of independence and confidence through sharing their skills and support.
Each daily session is £30 per child, and then £25 for any additional siblings attending.
Please make a separate booking for each child.
Email us direct about £10 Yr 7-13 support spaces: email@example.com
Children will need:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather. We have a sheltered area, but will be out and about all day
- So it may be full waterproofs and wellies
- Or sun hats and suncream and clothes with long sleeves to cover arms and legs from getting prickled
- A rucksack in which they can carry all their belongings independently
- A full water bottle
- A packed lunch- If you want, this could include something to be toasted or warmed on the fire at lunchtime
Please get in touch via our email if you want to find out more, or ask any questions.
We hope to see you all amongst the trees soon!